Monday, April 6, 2009

EM'S SENIOR ROOM

Well as everyone knows Em is a senior this year yeah!!! My mom wanted to see her room and doesn't want to drive to Norman so here I go puttin it on the blog so she can take a peek. That's one of the great things about blogs you can share all your projects with them. As I said Emily is a senior at the University of Oklahoma (BOOMER SOONER). Well this year she moved out of the Kappa house and moved into a house with her seven roomies. Yup that's right seven! Well the house is pretty old and the previous tenants were... oh ya frat boys. When Em first showed me the house it was full of boys and old beer cans and filth. The landlord painted it and cleaned it up the girls have decorated it. It's really cute. Emily's room use to be a kitchen it is very small (8 by 10). We only spent about $200 on the room most of it came from flea markets or grandpa's barn. I think it turned out sweet. Hope you like it mom.
We made this out of a door we found in grandpa's barn covered it with plexi. Tim just built a base out of scrap wood we covered it with left over fabric the blue fabric is the curtain topper that came with her curtains I hate toppers but I thought it just finished off the desk perfectly. Underneath has storage drawers, good use of space.
Emily found this in her grandpa's field. I backed it with scrapbook paper then rubbed glaze over it. I love glaze I put it on everything. Dad screwed it right on wall. I think it turned out so cute.
When Em was shabbing up the door more she carved her and Daniel's initials in it AWW. Well hope you liked the pics. I really loved the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment